R-10480 Soft silicone sponge rubber is a low compression set closed-cell sponge that can be used in most gasketing applications. This material is flexible and compressible and designed for use in extreme temperature ranges, with excellent weatherability, compression set resistance, electrical strength and non-stick properties. The R-10480 series was developed as an extremely low compression set silicone sponge material. Hanna rubber applies a pressure-sensitive acrylic or silicone adhesive to one side to offer excellent adhesion properties.
- Capable of meeting MIL-R-6130 Type II, Grade B and C / ASTM D6576 Type 2, Grade B and Grade C
- Standard color is orange/red.
- Excellent compression set resistance.
- Maintains its resiliency even under extended compression
- Soft density for low compression force.
- Material can be supplied with silicone PSA for high and low temperature resistance, or with acrylic PSA for high bond strength.
Typical Physical Properties
|Compression Deflection||ATMD D1056||5 psi|
|Tensile Strength||ASTM D412||50 psi|
|Compression Set||ASTM D1056||5%|
|Density||ASTM D3574||0.012 lbs./in.|
|Water Absorption||ASTM D1056||<5%|
|Temperature Range||-100°F to +500°F|
ASTM D 1056-2007 2D1
Sheet goods 36″ x 36″ x 1/16″, 1/8″, 3/16″, 1/4″, 3/8″.
Special 3/32″ is available in both sheet goods.