R-10480 Medium silicone sponge rubber is a low compression set closed-cell sponge that can be used in most gasketing applications. This material is flexible and compressible and designed for use in extreme temperature ranges, with excellent weatherability, compression set resistance, electrical strength and non-stick properties. The R-10480 series was developed as an extremely low compression set silicone sponge material.
- Capable of meeting AMS 3195 closed-cell specification
- Capable of meeting MIL-R-6130 Type II, Grade B and C / MIL-R-46089 / ASTM D1056 Type 2, Class A, B, C, and D / Boeing BMS1-23 / ASTM D6576 Type 2, Grade B and Grade C
- Standard color is brown
- Excellent compression set resistance.
- Maintains its resiliency even under extended compression
- Available in sheet form with silicone or acrylic adhesive.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
|Compression Deflection||ATMD D1056||10 psi|
|Tensile Strength||ASTM D412||75 psi|
|Compression Set||ASTM D1056||5%|
|Density||ASTM D3574||0.017 lbs./in.|
|Water Absorption||ASTM D1056||<5%|
|Temperature Range||-100°F to +500°F|
Sheet goods 36″ x 36″ x 1/16″, 1/8″, 3/16″, 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″.
Special order 36″ x 36″ x 3/32″