Microcellular PTFE Gasketing
- Highly compressible PTFE outer layers seal under low bolt load- suitable for many non-metallic flanges*
- Compressible layers conform to surface irregularities, especially on warped, pitted or scratched flanges
- Rigid PTFE core reduces cold flow and creep normally associated with conventional PTFE gaskets
Excellent chemical compatibility
- Pure PTFE withstands a wide range of chemicals
Easy to cut and install
- Soft PTFE can be cut easily from larger sheets, reducing inventory costs and expensive downtime
- Rigid PTFE core facilitates installation, especially on large diameter flanges and hard-to-reach areas
- Strong caustics, strong acids, hydrocarbons, chlorine and cryogenics. Conforms to FDA regulations.
*For flat face flanges, a minimum compressive stress of 1,500psi is recommended on the contacted gasket area for 150psig liquid service. Consult with the flange manufacturer to confirm that adequate compressive stress is available.
|Min. Temperature:||-450°F (-268°C)|
|Continuous Max:||+500°F (+260°C)|
|Max Pressure:||1200 psig (83 bar)|
|Maximum PxT 1/16:||350,000 (°F x PSIG)|
|Maximum PxT 1/8:||250,000 (°F x PSIG)|