Hanna Rubber Company produces , composed of high quality PTFE sheeting that can be secured to a variety of different materials such as: steel plates, neoprene pads, or preformed fabric pads. Hanna Rubber’s PTFE Slide Bearing Pads are optimal for commercial structures involving long spans sustained without columns or posts. Our PTFE Slide Bearing Pads have a high load capacity with low contributing friction.
Made of 100% PTFE infused with fiberglass and bonding compounds for greater structural integrity and an abrasive resistant product. PFTE has the lowest friction point of solid materials. The coefficient of friction of PTFE materials is dependent on many factors: pressure, sliding velocity, and temperature. The surface sliding plate is 3/32″ Grade A26 low carbon steel.
- Since chemicals and weather have no effect on PTFE, our slide bearing pads have near infinite life.
- Galvanic corrosion and heat loss are minimized due to electrical and thermal insulation.
- Meets current AASHTO specifications.
- Used in both steel and concrete constructions.
- Used as pipe slides and in pipeline saddles.
|Tensile Strength||ASTM D-1457||2000psi (13.8 MPa)|
|Durometer (Shore D)||ASTM-2240||60-70|
|Specific Gravity||ASTM D-792||2.22|
|Melting Point||ASTM D-1457||327°C ± 10|